Friday 9 December 2011

The Last of My True Bugs

Bug on Hogweed, Heraclium sphondylium.  Spring Park, 4 July 2011.
Bug on Hogweed, Heraclium sphondylium.  Spring Park, 4 July 2011.
These are the last of my true bug photos for now. I was not able to conclusively identify the one above. I think it is either a Potato Capsid or a Potato Mirid, Closterotomus norvegicus or Calocoris norvegicus.

The one below has actually been posted before, but I am including it for the sake of completeness. It's a Tortoise Bug, and to me it looks similar to the shield bugs except for its odd plastic-looking mouthparts. It was in the bushes at the edge of an insect-rich meadow. And below it is another specimen, this one from a hedge in Scadbury Park.

Tortoise bug, Eurygaster testudinaria. Darrick Wood, 22 May 2011.
Tortoise bug, Eurygaster testudinaria. Darrick Wood, 22 May 2011.


Tortoise bug, Eurygaster testudinaria.  Scadbury Park, 20 July 2011.
Tortoise bug, Eurygaster testudinaria.  Scadbury Park, 20 July 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment