Wednesday 5 February 2014

Blue Tit

Blue Tit, Cyanistes caeruleus.  Hayes, 27 January 2014.
Blue Tit, Cyanistes caeruleus.  Hayes, 27 January 2014.
I am not a dedicated bird photographer.  These shots were taken hand held through my window and they lack the extreme clarity of proper bird photos, but they do show the bird quite nicely.  This is the most common bird I see in my garden. They come regularly for peanuts or sunflower seed hearts.

Blue Tit, Cyanistes caeruleus, attacking a kernel.  Hayes, 27 January 2014.
Blue Tit, Cyanistes caeruleus, attacking a kernel.  Hayes, 27 January 2014.
Fun to watch.  They usually take a nut up to a branch and eat it there, breaking it up and swallowing it piece by piece, but this one stuck around the feeder.

I used a 200mm lens with a 2x extender.

No comments:

Post a Comment